No products in the cart.
Going from Piano Black to Carbon Fiber decor for only 27 € / 32 $.
Short story; I was sick and tired of looking at the Piano Black decor, that was always dusty and almost waiting for the first scratch.
I brought 50 cm of 3M carbon wrap at a local store (50 x 152 cm).
- Torx20 Screwdriver
- Plastic bar
- A helper (someone with 2 hands)
Follow this guide to take the cup holder / center console apart gently;
Here are some steps on how to remove the decors at the dashboard.
– Remove the 2 side panels at the end of the dashboard facing the doors.
– If there are any visible screws holding the dashboard, remove those. (not seen on all cars)
– Driver side, Remove the padded panel under the steering wheel. First remove the T-20 Torx screw at the bottom of this panel. When removing the panel you need to pull hard against yourself/the cabin, it’s one piece but start from the door side.
– Passenger side, remove the panel around the glove box, just pull, it’s only attached with clips.
– Passenger side, remove the glove box, it’s screwed with T-20 Torx.
– Drivers side, remove the plastic panel just above the instrument cluster, unscrew the 2 screws.
– Drivers side, remove all the trims around the instrument cluster.
From here there a 2 options,
1. Just gently lift the dashboard and unscrew the screws holding the decor and remove the decor.
2. Remove a pillars, unscrew/unwire airbag and remove dashboard completely. I prefer number 2, as the risk of damaging the dashboard is lowest.